Seventh Generation and Safer Chemicals Million Baby Crawl! Giveaway
Seventh Generation needs your help making our nation’s outdated chemical law tougher, in order to make the world safer for our children. Join us in spreading the word about the Million Baby Crawl to help educate and empower parents to raise their voices for stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
Jeffrey Hollender co-founder of Seventh Generation had this to say,
“We assume our homes are safe havens, but the fact is that the vast majority of the chemical compounds found in the products we use there have never been tested. And in most cases manufacturers don’t even have to tell us on product labels what those toxins are.
This is a dangerous recipe for harm that virtually every family is exposed to every day,” said Seventh Generation co-founder and Chief Inspired Protagonist, Jeffrey Hollender. “We’re on a mission to come together and change that once and for all.”
Did you know that…
- In the 33 years since Congress passed that nation’s chemical regulatory law, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TCSA), the Environmental Protection Agency has required testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 chemical compounds developed for products used in the home.
- Under the current law, the EPA does not have the authority to demand the information it needs to evaluate a chemical’s risk, and neither manufacturers nor the EPA are required to prove a chemical’s safety as a condition of use.
- 1.25 million kids younger than six are unintentionally poisoned in the home each year by things like cosmetics and personal care products, cleaning substances, pain relievers and cough and cold medicines (American Association of Poison Control Centers)
- Studies show that nearly 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants have been found in the umbilical cord blood of newborns (EWG).
So what can you do? I ask the same thing.
To help turn this new bill into law, Seventh Generation has partnered with Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, a diverse nationwide coalition comprised of environmental groups, health professionals and others working to pass smart federal policies that protect us from toxic chemicals.
- Join the Million Baby Crawl and email a friend!
- Learn more about Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families and email Congress to let them know you think it’s time to update the law governing toxic chemicals. www.saferchemicals.org
- Learn more about safe products with Seventh Generation’s Label Reading Guide.
- Join the Twitter Party for Million Baby Crawl. Hashtag #MBCrawl. Date TBD, but I promise you will know one panelist! **me!** And as soon as I know the date, I will let you all know.
Andy Igrejas of the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families coalition had this to say:
“It’s time for commonsense limits on toxic chemicals in our homes, workplaces, and in the products we use.” “We must act together to see that the Kid-Safe Chemicals Act is passed and families are protected from unsafe products. The Million Baby Crawl will take much more than baby steps toward making these things happen.”
In order to spread the word about this new campaign, Seventh Generation is providing one winner with a Seventh Generation starter kit. To enter to win, please visit the Million Baby Crawl and tell me something unique you learned there.
Seventh Generation Living Home Starter Kit includes: Glass Cleaner, All-Purpose Cleaner, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Shower Cleaner, Tub and Tile Cleaner, Kitchen Cleaner, 2 Natural Paper Towels (120 count) and a Reusable Tote!
Extra Entries: (leave a separate comment for each you do in order for them to count!) =)
~ Subscribe to Prissy Updates (emails) You must must validate the email that is sent to you!!!
~Subscribe to the Prissy Green RSS Feed.
~ Use the Share button below, Stumble, Fave on Technorati, Digg etc. Leave a link or User name. Do as many or as few as you like
~Become a Fan of Enzymatic Therapy on Facebook.
~ Follow Prissy Green & Safer Chemicals & Seventh Gen on Twitter, and tweet this contest using the hashtag #mbcrawl ! You can do this daily.
~ Blog about this contest for THREE entries, you have to use LINKS, and you must link to this contest, as well as to me and the sponsor.
Get an Extra Entry into any ONE contest for voting! Just leave a comment, on the contest you want the extra entry for, and leave your vote #!!
Contest winners are always chosen by random.org and verified per rules. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST, on 11/4. Open to US only.
Seventh Generation provided me the information for this post, as well as the Seventh Generation Start Kit they will send to the winner.
No related posts.